Interim Infection Prevention & Control policies During COVID-19 Pandemic
Same Day Dental Care
What we need you to do prior to you appointment:
- Fill out paperwork and provide insurance information by email or calling it in the day prior.
- Arrive 30 minutes early for screening.
- Wait in your car. Check-in by phone, and we will call you when your room has properly been disinfected.
- Do not bring anybody with you, unless required from disability. Only the patient with the appointment will be allowed in the office. That goes for children as well; parents will have to wait outside, without exception.
- Wear a mask.
- If needed, apply for financing (Alpheon, Lending Club or Care Credit) ahead of your appointment.
- Arrive with a makeup-free, cleansed face.
What we are doing to keep our team and patients safe:
- We will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions:
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have flu symptoms such as difficulty breathing, cough, gastrointestinal upset, headache or fatigue?
- Do you have recent loss of taste, smell?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 positive person?
- Did you or a person you live with travel in the last 14-days
- Have you attended a gathering of more than 50 people?
- Have you been asked to quarantine?
- We will take your temperature when you enter the office.
- Our staff is also being screened and measuring temperature daily.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- There will not be a waiting room available. You will wait in your car.
- We, as always, disinfect the treatment room thoroughly as per CDC guidelines in between each patient.
- We have sneeze guards at the front desk.
- We upgraded our ventilation system to medical HEPA filters to cleanse the air.
- We will be using an extra-oral suction (like a vacuum system) next to your mouth to catch aerosols at the source.
- We will be wearing proper PPE: gown, mask, gloves, face shield, and head cover.